I am a chartered psychologist (BPS) specialising in applying Positive Psychology in Education and Leadership. My mission is to help people live a better life.
Follow me on Twitter: @jolantaburke
Connect with me on LinkedIn: @jolantaburke
Here are some of the enjoyable things I do in life, apart from spending time with my family and friends:
- Assistant Professor at Maynooth University, Department of Education specialising in Psychology of Leadership
- Acknowledged by the Irish Times as one of 30 people who make life better
- Motivational speaker at A-Speakers
- Irish Representative of European Network of Positive Psychology
- Received many Teaching Excellence Awards
- Graduated with a PhD in Positive Psychology from Trinity College Dublin
- Past editor of the Journal of Postgraduate research and Middle East Journal of Positive Psychology and Journal of Positive Psychology and Wellbeing.
- Past representative for Ireland in the International Positive Education Network
- Featured on escapethecity for an inspirational career-change story
- Used to host a radio show on Dublin City FM about the Psychology of Wellbeing
- Senior lecturer and programme leader for Masters in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology (MAPPCP) at the University of East London.
- The academic link between the school of psychology, MAPPCP programme at the University of East London and the Metropolitan College in Athens, Greece.
- Adjunct Teaching Fellow in the Trinity Business School, at the University of Dublin, where I designed a module for Psychology of Management (Managing a Thriving Organisation) for Masters in Management that has ranked as No 1 Management Masters in Western Europe.
- Guest lecturer at the MBA programme for many years running